Can you have your cake and eat it too? In other words, can one enjoy the superlatively delicious taste of deep fried foods like potato wedges or fried chicken without the unhealthy effects of the oil or fat that makes it taste the way it does?
Seems like it is possible with an Air Fryer, a technology that ‘fries’ foods with heated air – up to 390 degrees, which is what the Philips Air Fryer with Rapid Air Technology offers. Philips has a long history of manufacturing world class consumer electronics and durables. Their products also align with the Sustainable Brands worldwide community.
This Viva Collection Range fryer is recommended by the world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay, who uses it for his family’s cooking. The Philips Air Fryer uses heated air along with a high speed circulation of air to achieve optimum frying temperatures. It also allows to bake, roast and grill using minimum oil brushed lightly on the surface of the food to be ‘fried’.
- Starfish design at the bottom of the fryer produces even cooking because it facilitates even cooking
- Timer allows one to preset cooking timings up to 30 minutes with auto shut off.
- Temperature can be preset up to 390 deg F.
- Removable nonstick drawer and food basket are dishwasher safe.
- Accompanying delicious recipe booklet compiled by culinary experts.
- Appliance weighs 7 kg, and cooking capacity is 800 grams.
- The exterior remains cool
What can be prepared with the Philips Airfryer?
- Fish and chips
- Salmon croquettes
- Spicy drumsticks with barbeque marinade
- Prawn crackers and poppadums
- Fries, crisps, and chicken wings
Though a bit expensive, it seems totally worth the price according to many users. It is an ideal cooking device for a couple, as someone said one, ‘doesn’t have to fill up a pan of oil just to fry something for two’! This is so true. Whenever something has to be deep fried, a pan of oil is required whether you are frying two croquettes or twenty.
One can directly cook from frozen to cooked by adjusting the temperature setting to low so that the outer surface of the frozen food doesn’t get burnt while the inside thaws out. While dipping in a batter and frying, the batter shouldn’t be too runny. One can use layers of baking paper or foil to separate pieces dipped in batter that may stick to each other.
How does the Philips AirFryer compare with other Airfryers?
- In the Philips AirFryer, the excess oil runs off out of the bottom of the basket. Whereas in another brand, it collects in the bottom of the airfryer and the food is constantly stirred into it.
- Philips AirFryer temperature control is also a unique feature where one can adjust the temperature according to different cooking requirements. For example, when making fries, the temperature can be set at low till the potatoes are cooked, then raised to make them crisp.
- Not having a stirrer is a good thing rather than a bad, as it may break up certain foods.